Tuesday 3 December 2019

Preparing fro Christmas!

“Santa is coming!!!” And there is no stopping the Christmas train now.

With kids to entertain, work and preparing for Christmas itself, it’s hard to find time to get organised. So here’s a few tips to help you keep your sanity:

1) Events - start looking for events in September itself! You’ll be surprised to see how things get fully booked by December so if you want to have fun guaranteed, start looking in September! I use website such as little bird, time out or just google! I also use the Families Magazine which features local events. The magazine is available across the country and usually found in children's centres or libraries.


2) If your kids still believe in Santa, they can write to Santa. Check Royal Mail for the address to send the letter and watch out for the deadline. Santa's letters are also a good way to find out what your kids want. I'll say to leave the letter writing till November as kids can change their minds quite often.

3) Online shopping - God! Where would I be without online shopping! I can't stand shopping anymore especially with crowded spaces, distracted kids and slow people ! So i do everything online. Amazon is my Bible but I don't buy anything until it's Black Friday or Cyber Monday were some items could be on sale. Also compare prices across sites to you make sure you are not overpaying. I use Argos and Smyths to compare prices. Or if you are really unlucky, like me this year, you also run into the risk of none of your items being on sale. Boohoo! 

4) Decorations - One of our traditions is to decorate our front door and inside our home with home made decorations. Theres no fun in buying pre made decorations! We usually go to The Works to buy everything we need and they do a great range of home made Christmas decorations to do. We then put on Christmas songs while making our decorations and put them up! Its lovely to see our house with things that we make and its a great way to spend quality time with the whole family.

5) Working over Christmas- since I'm working full time and my husband isn't a great entertainer, I have to think of ways to keep them entertained while at my work over the school holidays. Usually, I go to Hobbycraft and buy a few kits to keep them busy. I also print things like colouring pages and baking recipes.

6) Enjoy - don't forget to relax and enjoy yourself over the holiday! Christmas is all about spending time with your family and so make a lot of memories!

Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment