Wednesday 4 March 2020

Works Book Day Costumes!

I love this time of year and getting creative. However our school, only does it every o3 years so nothing is happening for us this year! In all those years, I didn’t buy any costumes as they are extortionately expensive for them to wear it for just a day. So I make them yourself. Here’s some easy to make and award-winning (!) costumes.

1.Pennywise (Lucky won best costume last year)- I had a long shirt and stitched some pompons for buttons. We just brought white tights, lace gloves. We had a tutu skirt that was used as a neck thingy that clowns wear.   Plenty of facepaint for the clown face and a red wig we had lying around and ta-dahhh. We had Pennywise! Money spent -£5

2. Harry Potter (Mahi eon best costume at nursery) - we had a Dracula cape,old shirt, waistcoat and sweater. All I had to do was make the tie and logo, draw glasses, scar on his face and we had our own Harry Potter. Money spent: £0

3. Harry and the Dinosaurs - my easiest costume with no effort. All I had to do was put him in shorts and a bucket full of dinosaurs. Money spent: £0

4. The Singing Mermaid (Lucky won best costume in year 1) - this was the first ever costume I made and found it so stressful but I wanted to make it memorable. I brought some green and blue cloth and kind of stitched a top and a skirt looking like a mermaid tail. We bought a blue wig and 4days of stressful evenings/nights were all worth it. Money Spent: £15

5. Where’s Wally - Brought a red sweater and a inflatable walking stick from Poundland. We already had a white/red hat, black trousers. Stuck some masking tape on the red sweater into stripes. Drew glasses on Mahi’s face and he was so hard to find amongst the crowd!!! Money Spent: £2

See, you don’t have to spend a lot for your kids to remember their awesome costumes. What are your easy-make and cheapest costumes?

No comments:

Post a Comment