Friday 5 June 2020

Week number???? (Mid May to June)

I've lost count of week numbers so I have decided to just name the month.  

Since, I last wrote, there was another birthday in lockdown and we are trying to create a new normal with all these government announcements.

We have upgraded to to long walks and during the bank holiday weekend, did such big walks ending up a few towns away and my son nearly disowning me but I love those walks! It helps us discover the area but gives us so much time to talk about everything and anything. The weather has been lush and discovered some hidden gems in our area and neighbouring areas.

We've had our first McDonald's a few days ago. Yes, it deserves a special place in my blog and a dedicated paragraph. The smell and texture. Oh God, it was such a beautiful moment where we spent a few seconds just admiring our burgers. It was so delicious too after so many months.

In terms of studying, our special topics were to learn about the North Sri Lankan history and learning about key freedom fighters and our national heroes. It was quite nice to see how much my kids have taught me about events and people I didn't know. Don't you love when your kids teach you things? They even wrote in Tamil or tried to. It was so sweet! Mahi has started his art class over zoom too which is missed enormously. The school has also made arrangements for children to see their teachers. Mahi had his tongue tied as it has been so  long since he's seen his teacher but it was so nice to see his teacher and just touch base.

On the entertainment side, we are trying to learn to ride a bike without stabilisers. We had our own adventure land including a laser beam maze. Lucky had her birthday party which was a nice day actually. I invited all her friends over zoom and did plenty of games over it such as dumb charades with books and movies and pictionary. This took place over a whole afternoon but it was such a sweet moment to know that her friends made the effort to also make Lucky's day special. The kids are killing their plants through lack of care. We are still building our library.It is so intricate. We made Lego Ninjago viewfinders and did a story with it. It only works in the dark. All we need to make a viewfinder was cling film, toilet paper roll, a torchlight and drawing characters. 

In therms of me, I started to document all the books I wrote which is a nice little project and see how much I read. I also made more earrings. That's all I had time to do over the last few weeks.

Stay safe




No comments:

Post a Comment