Monday 11 September 2017

Kidtropolis

Advertised as the UK's best children's event, Kidtropolis is garnering a lot of attention! This is their 2nd year running and during the half-term. We were there last year and here's everything you need to know!

  1. Timings - there's a morning and afternoon session lasting 4h30 which looks like enough time. But alas, it's not! Last time, we had to queue 1h for just 1 attraction. Thankfully they kept the kids entertained during the wait but that leaves you with just 3h30 for the rest which, let me tell you, isn't enough!
  2. Attractions - I thought they was going to be a hall full of attractions but it wasn't. Although the few they had was good, my kids expectations or mine were not met! It was more of a toy fair then full-on kids events. Some of the attractions started to close early so I'll recommend going to the morning session if you can.
  3. Tickets - the tickets are reasonably priced. I won our tickets through a twitter competition and if you follow their page, I'm sure you can be lucky too. And you'll get prizes too! 
  4. Stage show - we wanted to see a few show but by the time we finished queuing for some of the stuff, the people we wanted to see were gone! However, they have a great line-up of stage shows.

So what did the kids think? They were disappointed to say the least as they wanted to do more fun stuff but we couldn't go to all because we only had 4h30 and the queues were terrible. They also expected a full-on kids oriented activities and less stalls! My tips: take another adult with you- it was just me and my kids so I had to queue and the kids couldn't go to any neighbouring stalls as they needed parents to supervise!  If I had someone else, the kids would have done more I think while I queue! Don't raise your kids expectations! Try and enjoy the moment! My time was spent stressing and running around to make sure the kids made the most of it! 

I hope this helps to make an informed decision! It was an experience but we wouldn't be going again! 




No comments:

Post a Comment