Wednesday 4 October 2017

#WorkLifeWeek

#WorkLifeWeek

A question that I’m always asked is “How do you keep your work and life in balance?” 2 simple words: Flexible Working. I understand not all employers or job role offer flexible working so I’m very lucky to have found a career where I don’t have mad shifts or not a strictly 9-5 job!

For me, it’s important to be involved in my kids school and after school life! I already feel guilty for working full-time and missing out on some events so when I look for a job, I always look for flexible working options. Not all job descriptions have that but in your interview, you need to be confident in asking for working options. 

Flexible working has been so helpful to my life. I’m able to drop my kids to school and leave early whenever the kids have classes! But to other people it might be something else they need to have flexible working. Whether it’s looking after their well-being or fitting in hobbies.

I believe flexible working is also advantageous to employers as you get happier employees and retain them too. The productivity is higher! I want to work hard because my employers have been so flexible with my demands.


Flexible working is important for everyone. In this time and age, where we run around all stressed and leading a busy life, we can’t let ourselves go. We need flexibility in our work to spend time with our family and spend time on ourselves! Flexible working should become a norm!

No comments:

Post a Comment