Friday 3 March 2017

My Body, My Say

As government announces sex education and relationships education compulsory, I thought of last week when my Lucky's school invited parents for a special assembly about 'My body my say' which will also touch on sex education. I thought it was great. We were introduced to how they were going to teach this special syllabus to our kids. It was great to see this initiative. It was great to see this controversial topic being introduced at an early age!

No matter how much we try to protect our kids from this horrible world and acts, the kids are going to be exposed to one thing or another soon. Unfortunately the world is getting worse and the biggest fear as a mother to me is if my kids fell victims to those disgusting peadophile predators! And that's where I thought this initiative is fantastic! I taught my kids to not go with strangers or accept anything strangers give you but I never taught them or had the strength to teach them about saying 'no' to somebody who is doing something uncomfortable to them! So to my relief the school was opening a pathway for parents to also have these much needed conversations. And I was finally ready for it!

I don't want to think about what might happen but you still need to get your kids prepared for different circumstances especially when we are not there to hold their hand! And that's why I think this compulsory education on sex and relationships is vital! It would have certainly helped me a lot if I had it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment